Call for Proposals
Series: Mango Potential Series: stories of real kids doing extraordinary things.
Genre: Chapter Book – Non-Fiction
Deadline: December 15 for the following year’s publication.
Word Count: 5,000 – 20,000 words
Audience Age: 5 – 10
You can count the number of seeds in a mango,
but only God can count the number of mangoes in a seed.
(modified from quote by Karen Jensen)
Do you have a story of a real person who began to pursue their passion or talent as a child? Did he or she have to overcome adversity or obstacles along the way?
Mango Potential books are non-fiction stories of young people finding and pursuing their purpose. The Mango Potential Series is a follow-up to the picture book, Little Mango in a Big World. One of the many takeaways in that book is that all children, regardless of their circumstances, have potential.
Some things to remember:
- Your main character should be between the ages of 5 – 15 at the onset of the story.
- Stories must feature real characters and events.
- Stories featuring diverse characters from the global community are encouraged.
- Need not be explicitly Christian but must represent Christian values.
Include in Your Proposal:
- Book Synopsis
- Manuscript Specifications
- Author Bio
- Marketing Plan
- Three Sample Chapters
We plan to accept two submissions per year in this series.